[ka-Map-users] Centos - PHP5 - Apache2 - PHP/Mapscript - ka-map????

Base Bloc chris at basebloc.com
Mon Jul 17 23:16:27 EDT 2006

Hi Steve,

I am successfully using Apache 2, PHP5 and Mapscript on a Fedora Core 4
installation so it sounds like maybe a Centos issue. I know that phpinfo()
shows mapscript as installed but have you tested it by trying to generate a
map image without using ka-map?

When I built Mapserver with PHP5 and Apache 2, I had a similar problem and
found that mapscript was the issue. This was a while back so my memory is
vague but I think I built PHP5 with php_gd, then created an extentions
folder in /somewhere/php/ to place the mapscript.so then added this line to
the php.ini: extenion_dir = /some_folder/apache2/php/extensions , maybe
worth a try if this isn't the route you've taken already.

Cheers,

Chris