[ka-Map-users] Can someone answer this question please or tell mewho I should ask it to?

Samuel Doyle sdoyle_2 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 20:01:19 EDT 2006

Hi,
I played with the force option in tile.php which appeared to be very resource intensive. I extended upon this by adding another 'force_redraw' field in the metadata section for each layer of interest in the map file. This resulted in the desired effect however, it is still very resource intensive even if I'm requesting just one layer. For every request my server ends up thrashing like mad. Does anyone have any insight they could provide?

Thanks, S.D.

"Delfos, Jacob" <Jacob.Delfos at maunsell.com> wrote:     Samuel,

 Have you checked whether the URL is actually different?  Are you saying it serves out the same tiles, despite the different timestamp?  Did you check whether any tiles actually get re-written?
 Have you tried playing with the "force" parameter of  tile.php? If this creates a new tile, it means the problem is it decides it  doesn't need to be re-created. If "force" doesn't work, it means it isn't able  to re-create the tiles.
 Is there a timestamp directory  present?

 regards,

 Jacob