[ka-Map-users] kaMap.js setTile routine being invoked many more times then I expect?

Samuel Doyle sdoyle_2 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 30 14:06:48 EDT 2006

Thanks,

So using force option in tile.php is not going to work in this situation. Any other way to have mapserver force the tile to be redrawn per refresh_interval then? I mean if and only if the tile has changed? From the init.php it looks as if you use the redraw_interval option and have tilesource set to redraw should do it but it doesnt appear to work. I mean I can manually copy over a new version of a dbf file and verify that the file timestamp has changed but whenever the refresh takes place it isn't updated. I manually need to remove the tiles to have them redrawn again. Any ideas?

Thanks, S.D.

Paul Spencer <pspencer at dmsolutions.ca> wrote: Samuel,

setTile is called once for each tile on each layer.  Depending on
your tile size and viewport size, you could have as many as 20-30
tiles per layer.  The minimum number of tiles per layer would be 9 (3
wide and 3 high) but typically ends up being larger.  Don't forget
that there are some tiles off screen.  For instance, if your viewport
is 600 x 600 pixels and your tiles are 200x200, you will likely end
up with 5 or 6 tiles wide and 5 or 6 tiles high, thus 25-36 tiles per
layer.