[ka-Map-users] kaMap.js setTile routine being invoked many more times then I expect?

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Sun Jul 30 14:00:24 EDT 2006

Samuel,

setTile is called once for each tile on each layer.  Depending on
your tile size and viewport size, you could have as many as 20-30
tiles per layer.  The minimum number of tiles per layer would be 9 (3
wide and 3 high) but typically ends up being larger.  Don't forget
that there are some tiles off screen.  For instance, if your viewport
is 600 x 600 pixels and your tiles are 200x200, you will likely end
up with 5 or 6 tiles wide and 5 or 6 tiles high, thus 25-36 tiles per
layer.