[ka-Map-users] Timing of release of version 0.3

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Wed Jun 7 11:59:00 EDT 2006

 >> I was wondering when the release of version 0.3 is "planned"...

It's an issue I was intended to post soon.

 > No date as of yet.  I would hope that we can get something released
 > before the FOSS4G conference.  What remains to be seen is what will
 > be included in the next release.

That's my dream too.

 > Ben Nolan has been working on
 > converting the code to a more robust framework (prototype) and a
 > google map api clone which I would like to evaluate for a 0.3
 > release.  Unfortunately this might affect a lot of code and
 > consequently take a long time to get integrated.

IMO, this project is excellent, maybe it can be the effort for a
definitive version 1.0 of ka-Map.

Right know I would like to plan thing that can be ready for september.
All developers should post their opinion.

trying to suggest a timetable:

now to end of june: select all implementations that will be included
in version 0.3
july: refine selected implementations.
august: tag CVS as 0.29 (or whatever) and start full debugging.
first days of semptember: publish 0.3

What we'll try to do:
- refine Window Manager and debugging.
- publish and refine Query System
- publish and refine the WFS system (some doubt on this point)

PG, how much do you think you'll need to publish your new kaXMLOverlay?

Tim, something new to offer?
;-)

ciao
Lorenzo