[ka-Map-users] Making progress (was: Help, I can't figure this out)

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Jun 7 15:52:19 EDT 2006

Hi Paul,

OK, I did a total reset and reloaded the ka-map instance from cvs. I'm
not sure how, but I some how got the old and new files mixed up. So once
I got that straightened out and reconfigured, ka-map started serving
tiles again.

When I last set this up our mapfile only has STATUS DEFAULT layers and
the tiles getting generated were transparent, but when they got
overlayed on the blue background all the text looks really bad because
it is transparent. I think I fixed that by commenting out the two lines
in the old tile.php the toggled on transparency. You mentioned at the
time, that you were going to change something to support STATUS DEFAULT
only mapfiles.

I attached to images bad.png is the tile and good.png is an image from
the same mapfile via the mapserv.cgi. (good.png was too big to post),
but it just shows that the image is normal and as expected.

What is the preferred way to deal with this now?

-Steve