[ka-Map-users] directory structure

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Mon Jun 12 19:32:29 EDT 2006

Ok

I like some ideas of Justin and do trust Paul experience.
trying to summarize:

bin/ precache.php
docs/ (as it is right now)
htdocs/index*.html
htdocs/css/ screen.css (maybe all css from standard UI)
htdocs/images/ (as it is)
htdocs/js/ (all .js from the core application. es: DHTMLapi.js,
kaMap.js, kaTool.js, ecc.)
htdocs/php/ (all .php form the core application. es: init.php, tile.php
htdocs/help/ (the old page sould be re-newed)

htdocs/tools/winman/ (all winman files as *.js, *.php, *.css)
htdocs/tools/tooltip/ (all tooltip files as *.js, *.php, *.css)
htdocs/tools/wfs/ (all wfs client files as *.js, *.php, *.css) ->
soon available (I'll post it this week)
htdocs/tools/XMLOverlay/ (if PG agrees)
htdocs/tools/???/ (why not legend, keymap, zoom bars, ecc?)

I insist on tools point because I would like to focus on a peculiar
ka-map characteristic: when you develop your own application you can
choose which tools to put in.
iframe.html, index.html, index_winman.html, and all other
index_....html are just customizations of all tools/widgets/
call'emasyouwant that ka-map offers.

iframe doesn't need a legend, so why put it in the core files?
maybe somebody want to create a WFS client with tooltips and just a
simple zoom bar; why not?
He/she would surely appreciate to delete all files not needed.

I've thought the window manager also to offer an interface where we
can put all possible features ka-map can offer.
then everybody can cut away the inclusion doesn't like from the index
page and the application is ready. hope it works  ;-)

Lorenzo