[ka-Map-users] scalebar question 1cm = 1km?

Donal Regan donal_regan10 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 21 03:47:34 EDT 2006

Hello all.

I am displaying a map that has amongst it's scales 1:100000. I would expect my scalebar to show 1cm = 1km, i.e if  I physically measure the scalebar with a ruler, 1cm on the ruler would correspond to 1km on the scalebar. However, I'm finding that 0.9cm = 1km , 1.85cm = 2km  up to 5.7cm = 6km.

 Is this just the way it is or am I misunderstanding the way the scalebar should be working?

Cheers,

Donal.