[ka-Map-users] ka-Map and OpenLayers

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Wed Jun 21 13:30:40 EDT 2006

 > Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
 > Wed Jun 21 12:28:02 EDT 2006
 > I think the pain for existing users might be very high, and
 > ka-map might just end up forking and taking on a life of its own.

Stephen,
I want to assure you that this will not happen. I'm sure I want to
complete ka-map 0.3 as planned since yesterday.
Personally I need ka-map as it is for a while and, at least me, will
maintain this code.
I've still some code to publish that works on present API.

I'm interested in openLayer integration too and I will help
integrating the code me and Andrea wrote once the new API will start
to be stable.
At this point there will be a unique ka-map once again.

In my opinion, it is important to join our efforts to offer a
complete and modern solution for web mapping. There are too many
projects now with few features each. Hope that other projects would
join once new API will be published and best features from all could
be integrated.
Then I can't see any patented solution competing with this.

ciao
Lorenzo