[ka-Map-users] ka-Map and OpenLayers

Schuyler Erle sderle at metacarta.com
Wed Jun 21 14:09:21 EDT 2006

* On 21-Jun-2006 at  1:38PM EDT, Lorenzo Becchi said:
> > Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
> > Wed Jun 21 12:28:02 EDT 2006
> > I think the pain for existing users might be very high, and
> > ka-map might just end up forking and taking on a life of its own.
>
> Stephen,
> I want to assure you that this will not happen. I'm sure I want to
> complete ka-map 0.3 as planned since yesterday.

Is there something up with the maptools.org server? I haven't seen
Stephen's original email.

Personally, I think that forking is an outcome that no one wants and
it should be avoided at all costs. This discussion is motivated by a
common desire to reduce duplicated effort, not multiply it.

I don't think any hasty moves are necessary, either. I'm glad that
we're flushing out people's concerns. If, for example, it turns out
that the ka-Map and OpenLayers dev teams wind up having to implement a
ka-Map compatibility API in OpenLayers to support people's existing
ka-Map applications, that can probably be arranged.

SDE