[ka-Map-users] scalebar question 1cm = 1km?

Schee van der, Maurits M.vanderSchee at cso.nl
Thu Jun 22 03:26:05 EDT 2006

Hi,

If you now the dotpitch (distance between two pixels) of your screen, you can accurately calculate the resolution and make the scale ratio correct.

If dotpitch is 0.25 mm/pixel then:

resolution = 1/dotpitch = 4 pixel/mm = 40 pixel/cm = 40*2,54 pixel/inch = 101,6 pixel/inch = 101,6 dpi

Set this resolution in your application.

TFT screens have at native resolution an exact dotpitch that can be found in there specifications.

Good luck!

[van der Schee, Maurits]