[ka-Map-users] Map Query

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Fri Jun 23 13:01:16 EDT 2006

> Limited was the wrong choice of words- sorry. MapServer already has a
> relatively mature templating environment for queries and I'm
> interested in
> leveraging that when appropriate.

that's a good idea.
It's true that no overlay solution is still mature under ka-map and
that mapserver template is absolutely a step or more forward.

> You are correct when noting that the acetate would have to be
> recomputed
> for each scale level, but that's not a big deal at all. The acetate
> would typically
> be very lightweight and fast to compute - likely smaller than an
> individual
> tile itself.

we did some tests, and we were not happy. I'm sure you can do better
in this line.
I cannot imagine me teaching you something about mapserver!
:-)

> I'm interested in identifying and exploring integration points with
> more traditional
> MapServer functionality. I look at ka-map as just a piece of a
> larger puzzle.

good point. I'm happy there's a try to merge best efforts in web
mapping. Hope to help in some ways.

> Steve

ciao
Lorenzo