[ka-Map-users] kacache directory not populated

ramesh karra karrarm at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 16:15:05 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am seeing somewhat strange behavior. I have moved my
Mapserver+kaMap from current Windows environment to
Linux environment. For some reason, the map does not
get displayed in some zoom levels. I have looked at
the kacache directory and found that some directories
are not populated. For example, the directory entries
corresponding to scale 100000 are:

$ls 100000
__base__

$ls 100000/__base__
def

$ls 100000/__base__/def
t0l90000
t0l92000

$ls 100000/__base__/def/t0l90000
lock_-40_89960

Where as the directories corresponding to scales
200000, 12000 and 6000 are populated and the map is
displayed
The directories corresponding to scales 100000, 50000,
25000 are either not populated or partially populated
and the map is displayed when I zoom to these levels.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks
Ramesh