[ka-Map-users] kacache directory not populated

Tim Schaub tim at commenspace.org
Fri Jun 23 19:15:11 EDT 2006

> I am seeing somewhat strange behavior. I have moved my
> Mapserver+kaMap from current Windows environment to
> Linux environment. For some reason, the map does not get
> displayed in some zoom levels. I have looked at the kacache
> directory and found that some directories are not populated.

This is a longshot, but do you have different data source for the scales
that are missing?  Since Windows is sloppy about case
(uppercase/lowercase) and Linux isn't, it might be that you have DATA
specified in your mapfile with different case than the files are named
on disk.  If this were the case, on windows all scales would be drawn
and on Linux they wouldn't.

Making a request directly to tile.php (with the right query string)
would help troubleshoot.

Tim