[ka-Map-users] Question about a kamap setup I'm about to do

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Mar 2 22:02:05 EST 2006

Clark,

that *can* work fine but can also be horribly inefficient if not
properly optimized for use by mapserver.

If you have not already done so, I suggest you look into using
gdal_translate to rebuild the tiffs with internal tiling and use
gdal_addo to add overviews.  This will help substantially.  If you
have questions on these tools and how to use them correctly, please
use the mapserver-users list.