[ka-Map-users] Pre-Rendered Tiles and Shape Highlight

Pedro Garcia pedro.gspace at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 12:09:03 EST 2006

Lorenzo,

I'm very insteresting in your development with Andrea, and I hope
contribute with you with ideas or even some implementation,
if needed.

I have 2 doubts:

1) I would like to ka-Map have some "pre-cache" features, so
"static" layers (e.g. raster images, or country borders in a
world map) doesn't have to be rendered every time. As I
could understand, your implementation will cover this, when
you say "pre-rendered tiles", isn't it?

2) I would like to ka-Map have a shape highlight feature like
MapGuide Open Source (MapServer Open Source). When
you click in a shape (e.g. a country in a world map), the
shape is highlighted (lines and fill color changes). It's possible
to do this with your code?

Anyway, I'm interested in read the source code of your ideas.
Through the link you posted I can't see the code. I hope I can
help you with some codes.

And of course, congratulations for this idea! This is a nice one!

regards,

Pedro Garcia.