[ka-Map-users] Memory leaks in kaXmlOverlay?

Øyvind Hanssen oyvind at cs.uit.no
Wed May 10 06:12:49 EDT 2006

Sorry, it took my long to respond.

I use the latest Firefox 1.5.0.2 (Debian Linux). There are about 10-12
points. Some of them moving, changing text or icon, or being removed
because the information has expired. For each point there is one icon
(png graphics) and one label.

It looks nice, but  but sometimes when leaving it for the night and I
look at it next morning (after 8-10 hours), it seems to have stopped
updating. A click on the refresh button makes it run ok again. A more
visible problem is that with certain map scales, when changing a point
(I use the redraw attribute in XML), the first point is not removed
from the screen. If there is another change, the second version is
removed but the first one is stuck. Furthermore, If I then change to
other map scales (or map sets) the point is still rendered twice.
According to the DOM inspector, the first point doesn't exist.

I suspect the browser, but I see exactly the same behaviour with
Konqueror.

Regards
Øyvind