[ka-Map-users] recent changes in cvs

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed May 10 08:44:11 EDT 2006

Hi Ed,

Good question :)  the answer is that the time-based changes will take
effect 'immediately' in all currently connected clients because they
are controlled on a per-layer basis by the client.

The mapfile version change could cause problems if clients are
connected with one version of the mapfile and the version changes on
the server.  New clients will cause new tiles to be requested, but
old clients won't, so there could be a situation where the tiles are
mismatched.

It may require some tweaking of the logic and determining what the
best practice is for setting refresh vs redraw timeouts.