[ka-Map-users] Markers question

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Mon May 15 06:31:48 EDT 2006

James,

the capability to add marker images exists ... you can do the following:

var canvas = null;

function addMarker(x,y) {
   if (!canvas) {
     canvas = myKaMap.createDrawingCanvas(500);
   }
   var img = document.createElement('img');
   img.src = 'images/marker.png';
   myKaMap.addObjectGeo(canvas,x,y,img);
   return img;
}

a canvas can be used to hold more than one marker.  You can have more
than one canvas.  Since it is actually just a <div> you can also do
stuff like change its visibility, opacity etc using css.

'img' can be any html element, for instance it could be a div that
contains several images (drop shadow?) or a combination of images and
text (popup dialog?)

x,y is the location in your coordinate system.