[ka-Map-users] Question on query with hilite

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Mon Nov 6 17:40:40 EST 2006

 >       Is there any way to change the appearance of the highlighted
item
 > apart from coloring the line (e.g. highlighting the whole polygon or
 > using a thicker line for highlighted items?

hi Alan,
the answer to your question is: yes, you can do what your imagination
want.
if you are using index_query.html as reference you should put your
hands on
tools/query/tile_query.php
the code in not well documented but it's where output style is
defined (lines 251 and >).

we've started to prepare even a simple_hilite.js and
simple_hilite.php to avoid all data retrieval and focusing only on
the hilite process but I guess we've not finished this... files are
in CVS, if you have time to test them I'll be happy to give you some
help.
it's using the same:
tools/query/tile_query.php

as you've seen we've not yet integrated this in ka-Explorer due to
incomplete development of that feature.

with Andrea we were looking for some feedback on this function so
thanks for playing with it.
it seems you are doing a good job and maybe you can help us finishing
that code.

thanks
Lorenzo