[ka-Map-users] Question on query with hilite

Cheung Alan Kwok Lun ache051 at ec.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Nov 7 16:57:02 EST 2006

> hi Alan,
> the answer to your question is: yes, you can do what your imagination
> want.
> if you are using index_query.html as reference you should put your
> hands on
> tools/query/tile_query.php
> the code in not well documented but it's where output style is
> defined (lines 251 and >).
>
> we've started to prepare even a simple_hilite.js and
> simple_hilite.php to avoid all data retrieval and focusing only on
> the hilite process but I guess we've not finished this... files are
> in CVS, if you have time to test them I'll be happy to give you some
> help.
> it's using the same:
> tools/query/tile_query.php
>
> as you've seen we've not yet integrated this in ka-Explorer due to
> incomplete development of that feature.
>
> with Andrea we were looking for some feedback on this function so
> thanks for playing with it.
> it seems you are doing a good job and maybe you can help us finishing
> that code.
>
> thanks
> Lorenzo

Thanks Lorenzo! I think I got the hang of it now after reading through
the php mapscript class reference! Thanks to my ignorance, I did not
realize that tile_query.php was used before your guidance. I didn't
use index_query.html but I cut bit some pieces from querymanager.js and
startup_query.js into the original startup.js. I would be more than
happy to try out the test codes :)

Another question I would like to ask is the possibility of passing the
query results in xml to kaXMLoverlay for rendering? Since the query
results are saved in XML, maybe it is possible to add spatial dimensions
of the items into the XML as well?

Thanks! :)

Alan