[ka-Map-users] Question on query with hilite

Cheung Alan Kwok Lun ache051 at ec.auckland.ac.nz
Thu Nov 9 18:34:46 EST 2006

> Andrea wrote query_table.php and query_tableXSL.php that have part of
> the code you can use for your implementation.
> The query is cached in the server with the sessionId system and you
> can use it in many ways creating different kind of outputs.
> We've developed that code close to a general purpose but we are both
> deeply busy in this period to clean it up and include it in the next
> release.
Thanks for the direction Lorenzo! I have modified queryTable.php so it
would create xml format that kaXMLOverlay can read. However, I don't
know how to get kaXMLOverlay to fetch the xml generated by
queryTable.php based on $sessionId and $qId, can you give me some hints?
Also I've noticed that query.bin contains information about the query
results, but not in xml format, I'm very curious to know what is in there?
Finally I noticed using Ominiverdi's query system, all the query results
together with the are saved with the hilite tiles for future usage. Is
it possible to make the system generate the tile without caching it?

Sorry for asking so many questions! I hope I could contribute something
if I can get this xml hilite to work :)

Alan