[ka-Map-users] Question on query with hilite

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Mon Nov 13 10:20:01 EST 2006

Hi Allan,

 > However, I don't
 > know how to get kaXMLOverlay to fetch the xml generated by
 > queryTable.php based on $sessionId and $qId, can you give me some
hints?

once you get back your xml you should choose between parsing it with
kaXmlOverlay( oKaMap, xml_url ) or creting all function to manage
each map object you want to create. have a look to:
http://ka-map.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/Overlay_API_Reference

 > Also I've noticed that query.bin contains information about the query
 > results, but not in xml format, I'm very curious to know what is
in there?

is the binary way for mapserver to save a query. you can get it back
and ask for a gml output then adapt the output to kaXmlOverlay needing.
this sounds tricky, but you can do it.

 > Finally I noticed using Ominiverdi's query system, all the query
results
 > together with the are saved with the hilite tiles for future
usage. Is
 > it possible to make the system generate the tile without caching it?

sure, just hack those files.

 > Sorry for asking so many questions! I hope I could contribute
something
 >if I can get this xml hilite to work :)

good luck
;-)