[ka-Map-users] Newbie question about kaXMLOverlay

Pg pg.navone at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 15:53:04 EST 2006

Some others hints:

1. be sure the map is fully initialized before calling the addPoint function
(e.g wait the INITIALIZED event)

2. if you use an absolute URL (http:// localhost/...) the icon will get
loaded only if the browser is on the same machine of the server (this is an
obvious consideration, but it's better to remind once more than once less
:-)

3. to help the debug look for request for point.gif in the server access
logs

4. In the current version the icons are displayed with the vector graphics
engine (canvas in Firefox and VML in Explorer. Try changing this default
behaviour with

   xmlOverlayUseCanvas = false;

before initializing the overlay layer.

Last: read http://ka-map.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/Overlay_API_Reference