[ka-Map-users] couple issues - maybe a cache bug

Ravi ravikapoor101 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 02:40:02 EST 2006

Problem 1
----------
First I noticed that most of my tile cache images were 200-1000 bytes
but they were taking 4096 bytes on the disk. Hence to reduce disk size I
increased tile size from 256x256 to 1024x1024. I thought this would also
reduce number of http requests and speed up the application.

After this change, the tile cache images generated were between 2k-10k.
However due to this change, ka-maps seems to come to a grinding halt.
Even for extent/zoom tiles that were present in the cache, it took very
very long time for ka-maps to finish loading the maps. Any idea why?

Problem 2
---------
Then I tried to use metadata variable "tile_source" "auto" to reduce php
processing. However when I do that, the URL generated to get the tile is
completely wrong and hence does not work. This seems like a bug and may
have been fixed (I am using ka-map-1.0.b1). The URL I see is something like

http://localhost/undefinedGmap/layer1/25000000/layer1/def/tNaNlNaN/t-768l-768.png

I noticed the first "undefined" comes from kaMap.js line 2205
"this._map.kaMap.webCache" . This variable is not defined.

The tNANlNAN is the value of metaTileId at line 2203:

var metaTileId = 't' + metaTop + 'l' + metaLeft;

metaTop and metaLeft are calculated just a couple lines before that.
Somehow the calculation seems to producec NaN.

Thanks for help
Ravi