[ka-Map-users] Changing map layer dinamically

Pje pjebra at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 12:37:32 EST 2006

You can do that using mapfile variables and setting you layer metadata to
tile_source "nocache". So, when you click on a link, you send the parameter
to your mapfile and refresh your layer.

To specify values for variable replacement on the client side, add a
replacementVariables object to your JavaScript _layer object (e.g.
myLayer.replacementVariables = {key1: 'value1', key2: 'value2'}). Variable
replacement currently works for layer->data, layer->connection,
layer->filter, and for class->expression.

You can see how it works here:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/variable_sub