[ka-Map-users] Gentoo, php, php_mapscript?

Webb Sprague webb.sprague at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 12:43:48 EST 2006

Hi all,

Has anyone gotten ka-map running on an updated gentoo machine?  I have
a few questions:

(1)  Gentoo has either php4 or php5 in its packaging system -- I
figured the latest php4 would be best.  Thoughts?

(2)  After I build the latest mapserver (which works to make a png),
what exactly do I do to install mapscript such that Ka-map can use it?

(2.1)  I think:  copy mapserver-dir/php3/php_mapscript.so to
somewhere, but where is that?  Is there a standard in /usr/local so
that I can avoid the main tree? (And I the "php3" name makes me
nervous, too.)

(2.2)  I think also: I just change the name in config to match, and
the standard place does its magic?

Thanks, and if I get it running I will post on the wiki.