[ka-Map-users] openlayers on Mac Safari

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Fri Oct 6 00:50:55 EDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 09:39:25PM -0700, Percy wrote:
> Have there been reports of the dbl-click functionality not working in Safari on
> the Mac? Specifically nothing happens in resonse to a dbl-click...
>
> I'm making progress on converting our kamap based map search interface at
> http://ngmdb.usgs.gov/ngm_compsearch_map.html
>
> to openlayers, as seen here
>
> http://geospatial.research.pdx.edu/~bjpd/OpenLayers-2.1/examples/ngmdb.html
>
> But, of course, the boss on the project is a Mac user and will no doubt complain
> that the dbl-click doesn't work in Safari, even tho it works fine in Firefox...

The example you linked above works with double-click on Safari here.
What version of Safari are you running? Is there an error message?

Note that OpenLayers bugs like this one should probably be brought to
the OpenLayers list rather than the ka-Map list, since most of the
people here can't do anything about bugs in OpenLayers.

--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer