[ka-Map-users] multiple groups without PNG output format

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Oct 19 22:42:40 EDT 2006

Actually I don't know if JPEG supports transparency ... I don't think
it does.  This means that you could use JPEG only for the base layer
group or mutually exclusive groups.  You can mix types and use JPEG
for the bottom layer and GIF or regular PNG for the others.

See the wiki on details for setting per-layer image formats.