[ka-Map-users] ka-Map & Google Earth 4

Brandon Plewe kinesava at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 12:50:01 EDT 2006

As you may have heard, the latest version of Google Earth supports
scale-dependent, hierarchical tiling of both vector and image data, but
does not provide server software for doing so.  Seems a natural fit for
a tiling engine like ka-Map to deliver data (i.e., the ka-Map backend,
not the web frontend).  We are starting work on building a bridge, but I
wanted to check if anyone was already working on this.  Also, how will
this fit in with the grand unification effort?  Would it make more sense
to wait for a unified tile engine API?

Thanks,

Brandon Plewe
BYU Geography