[ka-Map-users] thematic mapping

Henderson, Tim - Miami THenderson at miamiherald.com
Wed Apr 25 11:20:07 EDT 2007

kamap kamrades: Can anyone point me in the right direction for learning ka-map or mapserver thematic mapping? The kind of thing where I paint polygons different colors based on values in the dbf or a related table -- at this point I don't think I'd do it on the fly, but rather, say, display tracts in the county based on some color code, then let the user zoom into one, lose the color-coding, and see a detailed view of that area...
Is this something that QGIS could do that would be maintained in a mapserver export? Or am I better off doing it right in my mapfile somehow? Thanks!
Tim Henderson, Miami