[ka-Map-users] Error on KaSearch.php - Solution

Melanie Ritzau MelanieRitz78 at web.de
Fri Apr 27 13:46:25 EDT 2007

PB, Thank you very much for giving me a workaround !

I changed

$searchstring = iconv("UTF-8", "ISO-8859-13", $_REQUEST['searchstring']);

$searchstring =$_REQUEST['searchstring'];

Now it works and Results are displayed correctly.

I also noticed that I had two different MS4W - versions ( PHP4 vs PHP5) on the machines. I will later install a new MS4W-package and I am sure that than iconv-function  will work.

Thanks again !

Mel

Here is what is iconv php http://lv.php.net/iconv , use it only if you
need it.
iconv() use only if you need to convert your data to some other
encoding. Try to set that line as comment.
If you have some other encoding to your data and they are not correctly
shown in web page you need to convert them with iconv().

pb

Hello,

I have a problem with the Kamap-Search function:

On 3 Servers I have nearly identical Kamap-Installation (1 Linux and 2 MS4W on WinXP). On 2 Servers the Search function works fine but on one MS4W-Server I get the following Error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: iconv() in C:\ms4w\apps\ka-map-1.0-OL\htdocs\tools\search\kaSearch.php on line 66

This is line 66 in kasearch.php:

	// icnv is used only if your page encoding is different from data source encoding

	// in ISO-8859-13 encoding place your code

	$searchstring = iconv("UTF-8", "ISO-8859-13", $_REQUEST['searchstring']);

What does that mean ??

On both MS4W-Servers the Kamap-Installation is nearly identical ( I copied the complete Kamap-folder). Also the Windows-Versions are nearly the same.
Everything else including queries works great.

Can anybody point me to the problem ?

Thank you very, very much for your help !

Regards,
Mel