[ka-Map-users] customizing ka-map

Alessio Di Lorenzo alessio.dilorenzo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 13:07:02 EDT 2007

Samuel Hiatt ha scritto:
> I am willing to bet that this will solve the problem...
>
> Add
> <script type="text/javascript" src=" DHTMLapi.js
> <http://localhost/luoghidabruzzo/ka-map/htdocs/xhr.js>"></script>
> to your header.  You might want to peek inside that file... it is a
> cross-browser compatible api for handling the DOM.  It comes in quite
> handy when javascripting.

ok, done...

> I just noticed something else... I don't know if I am right here, but
> I believe that you shouldn't include the entire path referencing your
> javascript files... for example,
> <script type="text/javascript"
> src="http://localhost/luoghidabruzzo/ka-map/htdocs/xhr.js
> <http://localhost/luoghidabruzzo/ka-map/htdocs/xhr.js>"></script>
> should be
> <script type="text/javascript" src=" xhr.js
> <http://localhost/luoghidabruzzo/ka-map/htdocs/xhr.js>"></script>
> at least if index.html is located in your
> luoghidabruzzo/ka-map/htdocs/
> <http://localhost/luoghidabruzzo/ka-map/htdocs/xhr.js> directory.
> Otherwise your app will likely not work on another computer (because
> the browser will be looking for it's own localhost).  Does that sound
> right?

originally my html file was not located in
/luoghidabruzzo/ka-map/htdocs/ directory but now it is (I moved it in
that directory).
Modifing src option in the <script> tag as you suggest nothing change...
sorry.

> Let us know if it works.
> Sam

The error remains exactly the same:

Error: this.kaMap.getRawObject is not a function
Source file: http://localhost/luoghidabruzzo/ka-map/htdocs/kaLegend.js
<http://localhost/luoghidabruzzo/ka-map/htdocs/kaLegend.js>
Row: 72

Thank you very much for your help Sam! I really appreciate it :-)