[ka-Map-users] IE & label drawing

Sacha Black sacha.black at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 18:34:41 EDT 2007

hi Suvi,

I saw your JPG and the labels does look terrible. It's a very strange
case.... some questions to think about:

- Are the labels being drawn as part of the map image? or as an
overlay of some kind? If they are part of the map image itself, then
since these tiles are cached, I don't know how they can be displaying
differently...

- what is the image format and OUTPUTFORMAT you are generating in
kamap and mapserver - ie. GIF, JPG, PNG etc.?

- what version of internet explorer did you see this problem in? 6? 7?

- what font (and font type) are you using, and did you try any other
fonts to see if the problem is reproduced?

just some ideas.

sacha