[ka-Map-users] way to version 1.1

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Aug 30 09:06:43 EDT 2007

Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
>> hi Lorenzo,
>>
>> do you think there will be any problems between ka-map and mapserver
>> v. 5 ? (except the expected changes needed in the mapfiles) ?
>>
>> sacha
> Hi Sacha,
> honestly I have no idea about it.
> Daniel, or others in this list, can maybe give us an idea if Mapscript
> will significantly change in version 5 and if ka-Map will be affected.

MapServer 5.0 has a bunch of mapfile changes and a few deprecated
members and methods in MapScript. I think ka-Map's use of PHP MapScript
is fairly simple stuff so there may not be any problem with the scripts,
mostly with mapfiles.

That being said, I didn't try ka-Map with 5.0 and don't think I'll have
time anytime soon. Someone should try it with an eye on the migration
guide and report their success/failures here.
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/release_plans/mapserver_5_0/migration_guide_410_50

Um... I just thought of one thing: the scale -> scaledenom change may
have an impact on ka-Map since it probably uses them. The old scale
members still exist in PHP MapScript but are deprecated so ka-Map should
switch to use the new scaledenom members when it aims to support 5.0.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/