[ka-Map-users] Future of ka-map?

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 16:39:26 EST 2007

On Wednesday 26 December 2007 10:08:16 am Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> we are all working to different project, using OpenLayers API but still
> using ka-Map for the good it is.
> Ka-Map had not new versions because it does very well what it has to do:
> server side caching, light JS API for map navigation.
> In some cases it is still the best solution.
>
> Everybody can already use ka-Map cache with OpenLayers API and nobody
> still offered an interface to manage all this in one single solution.
>
> anyway, don't worry, ka-map is still very used and "under control" by
> all developers.
>
> There are new guys that started working on ka-map that are intended to
> contribute.
> "contributing" make the difference
> ;-)
> think about it
>
> ciao
> Lorenzo

Hi everyone,

This is good news from Lorenzo. I have been using a customized ka-Map
application for the last year and have been very pleased with it
(http://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu/drupal/node/27). I have been a little
worried about the proposed OpenLayers integration, as it appears to tax the
client machine quite a bit more- even for simple map rendering. However, it
is fairly simple to add data sources, and the config syntax is quite
readable.

Either way, both projects are of high quality and have been working well for
my purposes. Thanks again to all that have contributed to ka-Map and
OpenLayers.

Cheers,

Dylan