[ka-Map-users] kaXmlOverlay

Pg pg.navone at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 16:09:28 EST 2007

Googleing on the topic I've just found this hint:

[-- cite --]
> I have data within an xml tag that is being truncated when being read
> into a javascript variable. On Firefox, I am only getting up to 4096
> characters. On IE, I am getting 31324 characters. I can view the xml
> source, all the data is there. I am using javascript function
> getElementsByTagName to read the data from the tag and then the
> firstChild and nodeValue notations to get the data.[/color]

Mozilla's XML parser is known to create a single text node for each
chunk of 4096 characters so there you will certainly encounter the
problem. The data is not lost however, you will simply end up with an
element in the DOM that has several text child nodes.
Workarounds are using e.g.
xmlDocument.getElementsByTagName('tagname')[0].textContent
instead of accessing firstChild and its nodeValue or to force
normalization of the XML document by calling
xmlDocument.normalize()
first, then you can access firstChild.nodeValue as adjacent text nodes
have been merged into one node.
Note that the textContent property is part of W3C DOM Level 3 and only
newer Mozilla versions support that property.

[-- end cite --]

I will try, but not immediatly. The idea is to change the line:

          text = domElement.firstChild.data;

in method kaXmlFeature.prototype.parseElement