[ka-Map-users] problem with precache

Przemysław Bojczuk pb at gis.umcs.lublin.pl
Thu Feb 22 06:10:06 EST 2007

Adam Eskreis wrote:

> I am trying to run precache on my server and it is not working.  I am
> running FGS(Linux) with kamap.  when i try to do precache.php i get the
> following error message:
>
> PHP Warning:  dl(): Unable to load dynamic library './php_mapscript.so' -
> ./php_
> mapscript.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in
> /opt/
> fgs/apps/kamap/htdocs/precache.php on line 53
> PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function ms_newMapObj() in
> /opt/fgs/apps/kam
> ap/htdocs/precache.php on line 91
>
> what is the problem here? where does php_mapscript.so need to be?

php_mapscript.so should be in your php extensions library
(e.g. /usr/lib/php/ext/). You can check whether it's loaded by opening
a file containing phpinfo(); and located on your server.
You can use this file from mapserver tarball:
mapserver-4.x.x/mapscript/php3/examples/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml

In your example, something tries to run dl() on ./php_mapscript.so
instead of php_mapscript.so (i.e. it looks for the file in working
directory instead of the PHP path), maybe that's why it fails. Try
fixing precache.php first if that is the case.

Hope that helps,
Przemysław Bojczuk

--
Geographical Information Systems Laboratory
Institute of Earth Sciences, UMCS