[ka-Map-users] Printing Error

Daniel.Huber at ch2m.com Daniel.Huber at ch2m.com
Sat Jan 27 01:13:53 EST 2007

New to ka-Map but really like what I've seen so far.  Except......

Running the example interface w/ GMap, I'm receiving the following
error, which is similar to what was reported back in September on this
but no clear fix was posted (at least I couldn't find it in the list
archives):

	Fatal error: Call to a member function selectOutputFormat() on a
non-object in C:\ms4w\apps\ka-
map-1.0.b1\htdocs\tools\print\print_map.php on line 218

A quick browse of the print_map.php file shows that this is the line of
code that fails for everything:

	$oMap->selectOutputFormat( $szMapImageFormat );

except GeoTIFF, which bails on:

	 $oMap->set('width', $pw);

I have two different configurations setup (on virtual machines) and they
both fail:

Windows 2003 Server
MS4W 1.6
ka-map 1.0.b1 (and latest CVS pulled from wiki site)

WinXP Pro SP2
MS4W 2.2.1
ka-map 1.0.b1 (and latest CVS pulled from wiki site)

I also followed the troubleshooting guide on the Wiki site and nothing
failed there, so I'm at a total loss as to why this is failing.

Any help for a NooB?

Dan