[ka-Map-users] labels are drawn only partially

Gabriele B gabbag981 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 12 10:55:33 EDT 2007

Hi Suvi

There is this problem because the map is tiled. In this case when
Mapserver/mapscript generates the images the same label can be in two tiles.
setting SIZE to 8 resolves only partially your problem. In fact if you have
a  too long name you'll have the same problem. I used MINSCALE/MAXSCALE
properties in the map file to set min and max scale in which the layers are
visible...

However in the mapfile reference at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/label I read that you
can set the property

PARTIALS to false

but now I can't test it. :(

Hope this helps

P.S.: plz let me know if this works... :)