[ka-Map-users] Mapscript Okay in MapServer, Breaks kaMap

C.C. Miller ccmiller at purdue.edu
Fri Jul 13 12:41:33 EDT 2007

I have no problem changing .map file elements on the fly with php
mapscript, including CLASS and STYLE tags and even the DATA query of
a postgis db. MapServer will make the proper adjustments to the .map
file and spit out an image that is changed as such. I'm also able to
render a proper-looking image with shp2img on a copy of the mapfile,
also changed as such (that is, I have the mapscript-generated .map
saving out as a file that I then use as an input parameter to
shp2img). My problem comes when I do this from within kaMap, where
the only layer that won't be rendered into the tile cache is the one
I'm changing with Mapscript. The tiles get generated, of course, but
they're blank.

Can anybody think off-hand what I'm doing wrong or how to get around
this so that on-the-fly alterations to the .map file will be adhered
to by kaMap and rendered into the cache?

Thanks,
Chris

C.C. Miller
GIS Librarian
Assistant Professor of Library Science
Purdue University Libraries

feed://www4.lib.purdue.edu/gis/rss.php

ccmiller at purdue.edu
765.496.9474
AIM=cecmcgee
Skype=cecmcgee
Jabber=ccmiller at purdue.edu

2215E EAS (CIVL)
Earth & Atmospheric Sciences Library (EAS)
Civil Engineering Building (CIVL)
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051