[ka-Map-users] [MapServer Error]: msProcessProjection(): no system list

Steve Walker walker at mfgis.com
Mon Jul 23 13:10:35 EDT 2007

While attempting to migrate an existing installation

I have received the error message:

[MapServer Error]: msProcessProjection(): no system list....

I know this question could be directed toward the MapServer users
discussion or even the Proj discussion, but I am starting here in
Ka-Map.... if I don't hear anything here I will try MapServer Users.

While attempting to migrate an existing installation:

http://mysite/init.php returns:

Warning: [MapServer Error]: msProcessProjection(): no system list, errno:
2 in /var/www/mysite/htdocs/init.php on line 125
Warning: Failed to open map file /var/www/mysite/map/mymap.map in
/var/www/mysite/htdocs/init.php on line 125

However, the failure does not occur 100% of the time.  Usually I can get
one successful page refresh of init.php (ie /*init*/aszScales=new
Array('2000000',  .... ) followed by failure after failure.  If I wait a
few minutes, I can again get the one successful refresh, followed by
failure upon failure.

I have read every threat on the topic and learned that the error usually
refers to an epsg file which cannot be found, and/or the use of the
upper-case 'EPSG' instead of the lower case 'epsg' in map files.

Neither is the case here (ie since the one successful page refresh occurs
it seems are properly configured).

I am copying an existing, functioning install into a new system, so I know
that everything works in a deployed web environment.

NEW:
Debian 4.0 Lenny/Sid
MapServer 4.10.2
Ka-Map 1.0
php5
postgresql 8.2
proj 4.5.0.2

OLD:
Debian 4.0 Lenny/Sid
MapServer 4.10.2
Ka-Map 1.0
php4
postgresql 8.1
proj 4.5.0.2

All, with the exception of MapServer and Ka-Map are pre-built Debian .deb
packages.

The biggest difference seems to be php5 vs php4.  Since there will be one
successful page load followed by failures, I am thinking possibly
something is timing-out?

Any ideas?

--
Steve Walker
Middle Fork Geographic Information Services
walker at mfgis.com
360-671-2505