[ka-Map-users] ka-map with virtual domains (apache)

Andreas Delleske delleske at vauban.de
Fri Jul 27 07:01:09 EDT 2007

Hi there,

I have a working mapserver installation (4.4.1) there:

http://rohrhardsberg-life.de/cgi-bin/mapserv?layer_1=luftbild&layer_1=tk&zoomdir=1&img.x=358&img.y=502&map=fg.map&zoomsize=2&imgext=3422034.279619+5329840.549648+3431559.274476+5336190.546219

(just a study to see something working)

Now I'd like to integrate ka-map. I have Debian sarge.

My mapserver has no mapscript, so when starting the installer from

http://www.maptools.org/fgs/index.phtml?page=downloads.html

it wants to install into /opt/fgs

I'd be happy if the mapserver lives in

/home/someclient/somepath/cgi_bin/

Can i simply choose that? What exactly is to be installed there?

Then the installer wants to know to port number - well I'd like not to
open a new port and as well not to replace the port 80 only for the
mapserver now - thats where I cancelled the installation.

I have an apache 1.3.33 with virtual domains.
Only one customer will have the mapserver with mapscript. Another one
has a mapserver 4.4.1 which works fine. PHP4.3.10 is available also -
a basic Debian sarge installation.

I browsed already some FAQs but didnt get very far...

Do you know a place where to look? Some sort of Debian virtual domains
mapserver howto?

--
Andreas