[ka-Map-users] RE: Think There is a bug in map_query_float.php

Steve Walker walker at mfgis.com
Wed Jun 20 17:36:12 EDT 2007

I have prepared a modified map_query_float_20June2007.php (which I am
forwarding to you Lorenzo.)

The relevant changes begin around line 166 (map_query_float.php.~1.4.~)

My operating assumption is that any given layer should be queryable or not
regardless of any other members of its group.  Furthermore, to be
queryable, a layer must be both 1) visible at the current scale; and 2)
have a Metadata entry of 'visible' which is set to 'true'

This code makes that two-part test and turns on/off the layer for querying:

if ($oLayer->isVisible() and strtoupper($oLayer->getMetadata('queryable'))
== 'TRUE') {
                  $oLayer->set('status', MS_ON);
           }
           else {
                  $oLayer->set('status', MS_OFF);
           }

The above code replaced everything between
LINE 166      $oLayer = $oMap->getLayer($i);
and
LINE 189      //PRINTING STUFF

and thus makes no tests based upon the layer's GROUP.

A similar replacement was made for Raster layers beginning at about line 321

-Steve

--
Steve Walker
Middle Fork Geographic Information Services
walker at mfgis.com
360-671-2505