[ka-Map-users] Best Method to Overlay User Data

Daniel.Huber at ch2m.com Daniel.Huber at ch2m.com
Thu Mar 22 10:23:18 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----
>>  - Add a new layer dynamically (ms_newLayerObj) and then add the
users
>> data to that?  I believe I will still have to ensure this layer gets
>> passed to "Save as" functions.

>Hi Daniel,
>I think this is the best solution.
>
>hack print_map.php and you should get what you expect

Thanks Lorenzo, that is the path I'll take.

Their is an example in the CVS and MS4W kaMap install that uses this
(index_overlay.html).  However, it first fails in startup_overlay.js
when it tries to set a the icon status of a button not loaded on the
page so I fixed that, but then it fails when you try to add the overlay
information (call overlay link).

The error reported is "missing; before statement -- Error while parsing
the document"  in kaOverlay.js(line 135)  which is in this function:

  kaOverlay.prototype.loadXml = function(string) {

     this.output= string;
     this.XMLloaded = true;
     eval(string);
     // alert(this.sessionId);