[ka-Map-users] Can the Search Function be configured ?

Melanie Ritzau MelanieRitz78 at web.de
Mon May 14 09:01:25 EDT 2007

Hi,

I built a KaMap-Test-Application according to KaMap-Wiki. I also enabled the Search-Function to find cities. It works...but if I
type e.g. "paris" as search string Kamap finds all cities that contain the string "paris": "paris" but also "Villeparisis" or "Kyparissia".
Can I configure somehow Kamap or Mapserver to find only those cities that exactly match with the search-string ? So that in my
example only "Paris" will be the result of the search ?
The cities are stored within a Shapefile.

Many Thanks for any help !!

Mel.