[ka-Map-users] Adding objects to map (kaMap 1.0)

Pasi Patama ppafin at gmail.com
Mon May 14 11:44:41 EDT 2007

I've been playing with ka-map and it's really great. I would like to
get points on map as described in 'adding objects to map
(http://ka-map.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/Adding_objects_to_map ).

But I cannot figure out details in ("Example - using xml point data
file  This may save you some time to using the overlay approach.")
section. I understand and can do two first points:

 Insert this section into index_overlay.html after the other js
includes because they are not included as of CVS 3.0. <script
type="text/javascript" src="excanvas.js"></script>
 <script type="text/javascript" src="wz_jsgraphics.js"></script>
 <script type="text/javascript" src="XMLOverlay/kaXmlOverlay.js"></script>

 setup overlay insert this section into startup_overlay.js after the
line //look for this code in startup_overlay.js around line 125-130
 myKaMap.initialize( map, extents, cps );

 //be sure to have this line of code (this may come before
myKaMap.initialize(...
 myXmlOverlay = new kaXmlOverlay( myKaMap, 250 );

But after these, how do I proceed to have myXmlOverlay displayed on
map ? (Call overlay and remove overlay does not do a thing on main
page). I am using CVS version @ 14.05.2007 (and 1.0 stable).