[ka-Map-users] Storing the Ka-Map Cache on a Second Site?

Steve Walker walker at mfgis.com
Mon May 14 13:07:23 EDT 2007

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to store Ka-Map's cache on a
different server and still have the application behave the same to the end
user.

I'll explain:   I rent a dedicated server/vps server which runs my
Ka-Map,MapServer,PHP,Apache et al servers.  This server is of course the
brains of the operation which allows everything to function.  However, it
is somewhat expensive, especially in terms of # of Gigabytes of storage.

On the other hand, I also rent a very cheap shared hosting ($6.50/month
for 360 GB of storage!)  However, this second site provides neither a
system shell, nor the suite of necessary programs and libraries.

So, what I would like to do is store the Ka-Map cache on the second,
dumber-but-cheaper server and have the master-smarter server automatically
re-direct cached tile data from the off-site server.

-Steve

--
Steve Walker
Middle Fork Geographic Information Services
walker at mfgis.com
360-671-2505

walker at mfgis.com
360-671-2505