[ka-Map-users] label antialias problem with precache.php

Volkan Ulukut arthan at dsl.ttnet.net.tr
Sun Nov 11 08:08:02 EST 2007

Greetings list,

I've set up everything perfectly with ka-map & Mapserver and was about to go
live. I thought why let my clients wait and tried to use precache option of
ka-map. When it's finished I opened my map and was disappointed how labels
were screwed. The interesting thing about this was when navigating the map
with browser there weren't any problems with the labels but when I precache
them they are messed when they are on bright backgrounds. I use
precache_wget.php also tried precache.php and precache2.php (they both
failed running as CLI btw quitted with error: Fatal error: Call to undefined
method ms_map_obj::getLayersIndexByGroup() so i decided to run them through
browser)

I've encountered this problem before it was because of

IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255

But right now my mapfile has

IMAGECOLOR 227 227 227

So that's not the case. Let me paste some of the relevant parts of my
mapfile.

IMAGETYPE png24

IMAGECOLOR 227 227 227

OUTPUTFORMAT

  NAME png24

  DRIVER "GD/PNG"

  MIMETYPE "image/png"

  IMAGEMODE RGBA

  EXTENSION "png"

  TRANSPARENT ON

END

LAYER

    NAME "Gis_ilce"

    STATUS ON

    TYPE POLYGON

    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR

    CONNECTION "Gis_ilce.TAB"

    GROUP "gGis_ilce"

   MINSCALE 10001

   METADATA

     "queryable" "true"

     "searchfield" "ILCE_ADI"

     "imageformat" "alpha"

   END

    TRANSPARENCY alpha

    STYLEITEM "AUTO"

    CLASS

      END

END

LAYER

    NAME "Gis_ilce"

    STATUS ON

    TYPE POLYGON

    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR

    CONNECTION "Gis_ilce.TAB"

    GROUP "gGis_ilce"

    MINSCALE 25000

    LABELITEM "ILCE_ADI"

   METADATA

     "queryable" "true"

     "searchfield" "ILCE_ADI"

     "imageformat" "alpha"

   END

    TRANSPARENCY alpha

    CLASS

        LABEL

        TYPE TRUETYPE

        FONT "fritqat"

        SIZE 7

        MINSIZE 4

        MAXSIZE 256

        POSITION AUTO

        OFFSET 0 0

        ANGLE AUTO

        BUFFER 0

        MINDISTANCE -1

        MINFEATURESIZE -1

        COLOR 0 0 0

        OUTLINECOLOR 254 254 254

        ANTIALIAS TRUE

        PARTIALS FALSE

        FORCE FALSE

        ENCODING "ISO-8859-9"

      END

    END

END

The labels of second layer are messed. Their outline merge with the
background.

Any help would be appreciated