[ka-Map-users] Error with the php module in Mapserver when using Spanish characters

Javier Pascual Herranz javier.pascual at radmas.com
Fri Nov 16 11:40:29 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have an error with the php module in Mapserver when using Spanish
characters.

I’m gone try to tell you with detail which is our situation and which is our
problem

If I do the following consultation in Internet Explorer:

http://localhost/radgis/tools/search/ConsultaGeneral.php?tipoVia=Todas&lette
rs=cañ

I receive the following error:

Internal Server Error
to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, admin at local.domain and inform them
of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
have caused the error.

If I do the same consultation from FireFox the consultation transforms into:
http://localhost/radgis/tools/search/ConsultaGeneral.php?tipoVia=Todas&lette
rs=ca%F1
And returns a correct result.

The file of log of Apache shows the following information when I do the
consultation with Internet Explorer.

(70008)Partial results are valid but processing is incomplete: utf8 to
ucs2 conversion failed on this string:
REDIRECT_QUERY_STRING=tipoVia=Todas&letters=ca\xf1
[Fri Nov 16 09:51:47 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (70008)Partial
results are valid but processing is incomplete: couldn't create child
process: 70008: php-cgi.exe
[Fri Nov 16 09:51:47 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (70008)Partial
results are valid but processing is incomplete: couldn't spawn child
process: C:/ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin/php-cgi.exe

Do you know any solution to use special Spanish characters with PHP request?

Thank you for your time
Cheers
Javier